Eating vegetables might be challenging not only for kids but also for some adults. This is where vegetable smoothie recipes come into play. You can mask the vegetables’ bitter flavor and weird texture once you put them into the blender with other ingredients.
Fruit and Vegetable Smoothie Recipes
If you find it hard to incorporate nutritious foods into your family’s daily meals, turn them into a delightful smoothie. Below are easy-to-make recipes you can follow that the whole family might love.
1. Avocado Smoothie
You can start with an avocado smoothie before introducing greener fruits and vegetables as a healthy drink. But remember to pick the ones that are pretty ripe in the store. They tend to be overripe the next day, so be careful when shopping for one.
- 1 large avocado
- 1 1/2 cups of cold milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- Ice cubes
- First, open the avocados in half and remove the seeds.
- Scoop the flesh from the shell-like skin and put it in the blender.
- You can now also put all the ingredients except the ice.
- Next, blend everything until smooth.
- Lastly, pour ice cubes into a glass, then pour the sweet avocado smoothie.
- Serve and enjoy.
2. Broccoli Smoothie
Next in this list of green smoothie recipes is the broccoli smoothie. Many kids don’t like this vegetable because of its unappealing taste and texture. However, you can mask its unique texture by adding sweet ingredients to it.
- ½ cup of Greek yogurt
- ½ cup of water
- 1 cup of chopped broccoli
- 1 apple
- 1 room-temperature banana
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (frozen)
- Ice cubes
- Like a regular smoothie, incorporate all the ingredients in a blender that can fit them.
- Ensure the measurements are correct to avoid overpowering the taste of the fruits and vegetables.
- When it’s already smooth, serve it with lots of ice cubes.
3. Green Veggie Smoothie
This sounds like a lot, but all the green vegetables are surprisingly mild on your taste buds. You can make this recipe after your family already likes the look and taste of an avocado smoothie. It’s true, especially when you don’t eat many vegetables.
- 1 ½ cups of almond milk
- 2 cups of frozen spinach
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of apples
- Ice cubes
- Blend everything in a blender or a smoothie maker except for the ice cubes to avoid damaging your appliance.
- After blending everything smoothly, put ice cubes into a glass and pour the smoothie.
4. Pumpkin Smoothie
If your family doesn’t want to drink green smoothies anymore, try switching things up. Make a pumpkin smoothie for the next healthy snack you’ll prepare for them. This has a lot of nutrients that will boost the immune system.
- ⅓ cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 large banana (frozen)
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseed
- ¼ teaspoon of pumpkin spice
- 1 cup of almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- Ice cubes
- Instead of blending everything at once, you can first blend the pumpkin puree, banana, flaxseed, almond milk, and pumpkin spice.
- Taste the drink and then adjust the taste using vanilla extract and brown sugar.
- After incorporating them, blend smoothly and add ice cubes before serving.
5. Cucumber Smoothie
View this post on Instagram
If you’re looking for vegetable smoothie recipes for weight loss, you can start with a cucumber smoothie. This recipe is light and does not contain dairy to avoid additional calories.
- 4 peeled cucumbers, then thinly sliced
- ½ cup squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of agave or maple syrup (optional)
- 2 cups of ice
- Incorporate all the ingredients in a blender and start blending.
- Make sure it will be smooth so you and your family can drink it easily.
- Before serving, taste the smoothie; if you want more sweetness, add agave or maple syrup.
6. Beet Smoothie
Another smoothie that is not green is beet smoothie. This fruit smoothie is not that popular among families because the fruit itself is not that common. But the nutrients that this smoothie can provide are excellent!
- ½ almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 cup of frozen berries
- 1 peeled and diced beet
- ¼ cup of pineapple
- ¼ cup of Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons of honey (optional)
- Ice cubes
- Before blending the ingredients, you can lightly steam or roast the beet to maximize its aroma and flavor.
- Add all the ingredients into the blender and blend until silky smooth.
- You can put honey in if you find the smoothie too sour. Add ice and serve.
7. Carrot Smoothie
Last but not least, you can serve a carrot smoothie for a refreshing breakfast or snack for your family. Carrots are well-known to contain lots of vitamins and minerals, and blending them with other vegetables will make them more nutritious.
- 1 cup of peeled and diced carrots
- ½ teaspoon of orange zest
- 1 cup of orange juice
- Ice cubes
- Boil the carrots in a covered pan with water for 10 to 15 minutes. Do not wait until it’s too soft; they may become soggy if overcooked.
- Drain the water using a strainer and cool the carrots on a metal rack for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Then, put all the ingredients in the blender for a few minutes until it’s smooth.
- If you don’t like to drink a smoothie with ice but still like it cold, you can blend them with the rest of the ingredients.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Happens if You Drink a Green Smoothie Every Day?
If you drink a green smoothie daily, your body will thank you. Daily intake of this nutritious drink increases iron, vitamins (especially Vitamin K), and minerals. Adding citruses into the mix will also boost your immune system.
What Should You Not Mix in a Smoothie?
A popular reason for drinking smoothies is for better digestion and overall health. So you should not add junk food and ice cream (even though it sounds delicious) because it will defeat your purpose of making one.
Do You Have Other Veggie Smoothies in Mind?
Eating vegetables is a chore that even some adults don’t want to face. Luckily, you can still absorb their nutrients by turning them into smoothies. They are a great way to ensure that you and your family have the nutrients necessary to live a healthy life. Do not be afraid to experiment when making smoothies for the whole family, but remember not to waste food. There are tons of vegetable smoothie recipes online that you can follow if you just want to get started.
You Can Also Read These: