Going to fitness gyms every day to work out may feel nearly impossible in these busy times. But you must remember that moving your body and exercising are necessary to release endorphins. This article will tackle fat burning exercises that you can do easily.
Fat Burning Exercises at Home
Are you worried because you don’t have gym equipment at home and would love to start your fitness journey? Don’t worry because below are some routines you can do using only your body weight and things at home.
Quick note: Do a whole-body stretch before these exercises to lessen the risk of injury.
1. Squat Jumps
If you are looking for a workout to help you improve your leg strength and calves, do the squat jumps. Ensure that you do the jumping part of the workout only after perfecting your squat form.
- Position your feet parallel to each other while standing straight.
- Put your hands together like you’re going to pray and bend your knees as if you’re going to sit on a chair.
- You need to straighten your back as you bend your knees.
- After squatting, jump, then return to the squatting position.
- 3 sets, 5 reps each set.
One of the most famous fat burning exercises for women, if you want to lessen arm fat, is by doing a plank. It is a menace at first because of how hard it is. You will get used to it after countless repetitions.
- Place your forearm against the yoga mat and pin your feet on the floor.
- It’s like you’re going to do a pushup, but you’re not.
- When in a comfortable planking position, set a timer (or count in your head) up to 30 or even 60 seconds when you feel you can plank that long.
- 3 sets, 30-60 seconds each set.
3. High Knees
Another equipment-less fat burning exercise at home is high knees. It can increase your heart rate and tell your body to pump more blood and deliver oxygen to your tissues. You can do this in combination with other cardio exercises in this list.
- Stand straight and lift one of your knees alternately up to your chest.
- You can start with your right knee and switch to your left one.
- Place your hands on top of where your knees reach to prevent hitting your face.
- 3 sets, 5 reps for each leg.
4. Water Bottle Dumbbells
View this post on Instagram
Sometimes, you need to be resourceful to achieve fitness goals. Dumbbells are expensive, but you can use water bottles at home as alternatives. Fill two water bottles that you can lift using one hand before proceeding.
- Hold two water bottles (one for each hand) and lift them alternately.
- Ensure only your forearms are lifting, and avoid using your shoulders to lift.
- You can do this exercise by standing or using a bench.
- 3 sets, 5-10 reps each.
5. Jumping Rope
It is a versatile exercise for those with space. You can buy cheap jump ropes online or at the nearest shop. It is one of the well-known fat burning exercises you can do without worrying about programs and routines.
- Adjust your jump rope to the best length that will suit you. Ensure that the rope is the right size to avoid tripping over.
- Get hold of your rhythm when you jump, then start jumping.
- Play music in the background to hype yourself into finishing this routine.
- 3 sets, 20 reps.
You can do V-ups when you want to work on your core muscles or the abdomen. It is one of the recommended belly fat-burning exercises because of its effects. Of course, you still need to pair it with eating fresh and healthy meals.
- Lie down on the floor or the yoga mat if you have one.
- Stretch your arms and feet.
- Then, raise your feet to the ceiling and your arms.
- Create a V shape and hold this position for 15-30 seconds.
- 3 sets, 15 to 30 seconds each.
7. Brisk Walking
Do you live in a neighborhood with streets that are safe for brisk walking in the morning or at night? You can try this low-impact workout when you’re not fond of following routines and complex instructions.
You don’t need expensive equipment to achieve your fitness goals, so if you can go for a 15-minute brisk walk, then go for it. Your body will thank you later.
8. Jumping Jacks
Another way to burn those calories and body fat at home is jumping jacks. This exercise focuses on improving your heart and lungs. It’s a simple workout that requires neither equipment nor space.
- Prepare a small space to do your workout and stand straight.
- Lift your hands to your shoulders, and remember to put your hands above your head when you jump.
- Spread your legs as you jump and create this beautiful form when doing this exercise.
- 3 sets, 10-20 reps each.
9. Spiderman Pushups
View this post on Instagram
If you can’t do the standard pushup, try doing the Spiderman pushups. It is one of the best fat burning exercises that target your arms and core as you go down. You can do this before or after high-impact exercises like jumping jacks and squats.
- Assume the regular position for pushups.
- Then, bend your knees until they touch the floor and lift your legs.
- Do the pushup and keep your back straight to maximize the workout.
- 3 sets, 7 to 9 reps.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Workout Burns the Most Belly Fat?
The workout that burns belly fat is crunches. But before you see any results from doing it regularly, you also need to pair it with cardio workouts. Losing belly fat is a cumulative effort of doing different exercises regularly on top of eating healthy.
What Happens if You Do 5 Planks a Day?
Doing five planks a day shapes your abdominal muscles and strengthens them. Aside from this, you will also help improve your upper body strength because of the prolonged period of maintaining the planking position.
Do You Workout Everyday?
Working out is a recommended practice that you must do daily to improve your physical appearance and overall health. You can also utilize it to increase the production of happy hormones and decrease anxiety and depression.
However, only some have the time to go to fitness centers to work out. So, doing exercises at home is an excellent method to get your body moving. Always remember that you need to start slowly with your fitness journey.
You Can Also Read These: