It is a well-known fact that kids only like specific types of foods, especially when it comes to pasta dishes. But, you need to be creative in making pasta recipes for kids and help them achieve their daily nutrient intake.
Kid-Friendly Pasta Recipes
Pleasing a child’s taste buds is no joke. So, check out these delicious pasta recipes for kids that you can easily make at home that your toddlers can’t resist and will benefit from.
1. Super Cheesy Macaroni
Who doesn’t want macaroni and cheese? It is always included in the list of pasta recipes for kids because of its taste and ease of making.
- 1 lb macaroni
- 3 tbsp olive oil/sesame oil
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- Pour the macaroni into a pot of boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain the water from the pot and put the macaroni into a big bowl of cold water.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F while you grease a baking dish with butter or margarine.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil or sesame oil in a pan and pour the flour after a few minutes. Stir until you create a paste.
- Season the oil and flour with salt and pepper but not too salty because you will still add cheese right after this step.
- Add 1 cup of cheddar cheese (grated) and another cup of parmesan cheese to the pan. Mix thoroughly until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- When the sauce is mixed and cooked, mix it with the macaroni in a casserole. Make sure that everything is coated with cheesy sauce.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top of the dish before baking it for 20 minutes in your oven.
- Now, serve.
2. Spaghetti Bolognese
Speaking of pasta for children, you can always go right with a delicious spaghetti bolognese. It is easy to make as long as you have all the ingredients.
- 1 tsp olive oil/sunflower oil
- 2 chopped medium-sized onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 14 oz fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup meat stock (pork or beef)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Black pepper
- 1 tsp herbs
- 1 diced carrot
- 17 oz minced pork or beef
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 7 oz spaghetti
- Boil the spaghetti pasta for 8 to 10 minutes. Check the back of the packaging to follow the accurate cooking instructions.
- Saute onions and garlic until you smell a very delicious aroma. Watch out for the garlic not to get burnt.
- Chop the fresh tomatoes before adding them to the pan.
- Pour the pork or beef stock, black pepper, and tomato paste.
- When the tomatoes are mushy, incorporate the diced carrots and the herbs of your choice.
- Put the minced meat (pork or beef) into the pan and cook everything together.
- Incorporate the corn flour and mix until you achieve a saucy texture.
- To serve, add some pasta to a plate and pour the bolognese sauce on top.
3. Jungle Pasta
Do you want to entice your kids to eat pasta with vegetables at home? Throw some animal-shaped pasta into the mix to make them curious and eat your cozy dish.
- 10 oz animal-shaped pasta
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp olive oil/sesame oil
- 14 oz chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 broccoli
- 1 oz unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 15 oz milk of choice
- 10 oz cheddar cheese
- Cook the animal-shaped pasta in a pot of boiling water following the instructions on the packaging.
- In a pan, saute minced garlic and chopped onions until translucent or until you smell a pleasing aroma.
- Steam the broccoli.
- Incorporate tomatoes, tomato paste, and pepper into the pan.
- Next, add tomato sauce carefully and mix them with the broccoli.
- Put the butter and wheat flour afterward to make the sauce smooth, then pour the milk of your choice while constantly stirring the pan.
- When the milk simmers, remove the pan from the stove.
- In a microwave-safe dish, mix the animal-shaped pasta and the sauce. Remember to grate cheddar cheese on top.
- You can now bake the dish in the oven (400°F) for 20 minutes.
If you want to introduce new nutritious food to your toddlers at home, added to this list of pasta for children is chickpea pasta. You already have the ingredients in this recipe, so it will be easy for you to cook it.
- 2 chopped carrots (medium size)
- 2 sticks of celery
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 7 oz chopped tomatoes
- 14 oz chickpeas
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 5 oz macaroni
- Rosemary and chili flakes to taste
- Cook the macaroni according to the printed package instructions at the back.
- Fry minced garlic, chopped carrots, and celery using a thick-bottomed pan.
- Next, incorporate the chickpeas, chopped tomatoes, rosemary, stock cube, and water.
- When the carrots and chickpeas are soft, mix them with the cooked macaroni in a big bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil and add pepper, then mix thoroughly.
Do the kids love meatballs? If so, this three-cheese meatball mostaccioli recipe will be a big hit! It’s so easy to make, and the variety of cheese flavors will make this recipe a favorite in your home. You really can’t go wrong with cheese and meatballs.
- 16 oz mostaccioli
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 large eggs, beat lightly
- 1 chopped medium onion
- 15 oz part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 48 oz pasta sauce with meat
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 12 oz frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, thawed
- 3/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Boil mostaccioli until al dente; follow the package instructions.
- Mix eggs and cheese in a bowl.
- Cook beef and onion together, making sure the beef is broken into crumbles. Once cooked, drain and mix in sugar, seasonings, and pasta sauce.
- Combine the mixture with mostaccioli and then put it in a 13×9 inches baking dish.
- Add ricotta mixture and left over pasta sauce on top. Then add Romano cheese, Parmesan cheese, and meatballs.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which Pasta Is Best for Toddlers?
It depends on how well your toddler can eat solid food already. For starters, feeding them bigger pasta like penne, macaroni, striped lasagna, and fusilli is best. Also, make sure that you will only use fresh ingredients when cooking for them.
What Are the Three Most Popular Pasta Dishes?
The most popular pasta dishes are lasagna, meatball pasta, and spaghetti bolognese. You can find them offered in various restaurants and even in fast food chains. But, for kids, you can let them try spaghetti bolognese first.
What Pasta Recipe Do Your Toddlers Love?
Toddlers will eat anything as long as they look good and taste good. There are tons of pasta recipes for kids online that you can try, but you need to ensure that the ingredients are safe.
You can start with something simple like a sweet spaghetti or easy-bake lasagna. Don’t be afraid to try new recipes to expand your children’s taste buds and food preferences at home.
You Can Also Read These: