Maple sheet pan smoked sausage is the perfect blend of savory sausages with sweet sauce. It’s bound to be your new favorite meal on a chilly autumn night!
Maple Sheet Pan Smoked Sausage With Butternut and Brussels Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes | Serves: 2 to 4 people
Savory and sweet have never been combined so harmoniously before this recipe. In fact, this sheet pan smoked sausage is so electrifying that it might even turn Brussels sprout haters into fans! Plus, it’s easy to make, and the ingredients last about two weeks. Just make sure to store the ingredients properly according to the Food and Drug Administration’s guidelines. You can whip it up anytime you’re in the mood for a sweet and flavorful dinner. Like pumpkin dishes, it’s perfect for the autumn season!
We recommend preparing the ingredients beforehand, though. Chopping the squash and slicing up the Brussels sprouts will make cooking much faster. Just store them in the fridge until the right time. As for the sausages, you can use any kind you like. If you’re not particularly fond of regular sausages, you can never go wrong with creating a maple sheet pan smoked turkey sausage dish. You can also serve it with rice or some other side dish. Whether planning a simple dinner or a big neighborhood cooking session, this recipe is ideal for any occasion.
Ready to recreate this maple sheet pan smoked sausage with Brussels sprouts recipe? Let’s get started.
- Kosher salt
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of butternut squash, chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 12 ounces of precooked smoked sausages, sliced into 1-inch thick rounds
- 2 cups of Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- (Optional) brown Jasmine rice for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Chop the squash into 1-inch cubes and halve or quarter the Brussels sprouts. Make sure they are around the same size.
- Prepare a baking sheet and evenly scatter the Brussels sprouts, butternut cubes, and sausages.
- Add garlic, olive oil, and maple syrup to a bowl. Stir them together until evenly mixed. Pour the mixture over the baking sheet of sausages and vegetables. Toss well. Sprinkle the entire sheet with kosher salt and pepper.
- Roast the ingredients for 15 to 20 minutes. Toss the ingredients and roast them again for 5 to 10 more minutes.
- Serve the ingredients as soon as possible over the brown Jasmine rice.
A Marriage of Two Tastes
It’s not every day you find a recipe that blends two flavors so perfectly together. This maple sheet pan smoked sausage will satisfy your longing for sweet and savory food! It goes well with rice and any other side dish you might like to eat. Plus, it’s easy enough for even beginners to try. You won’t regret making it for yourself or for the entire family.
You Can Also Read These: